How much memory?

You definitely will get more on the same card then. My RAWs are between 12 (usually 14 though) and 22 MBs.

You know, I haven't thought about the problem of downloading... Ive just been doing it from my camera through the usb. For 2 GB its not too bad. Now with how much I have I may want to look into a Card reader. My Desktop was custom built and never even thought about a card reader. My laptop has one, for just about every card except CF. But I dont know If Ive ever seen a loptop with a CF reader. Not that I've ever looked.. So thats definatly my next purchase.

As for the quality of the CF cards they are San Disk Ultra II. I've always been a fan of San Disk, these cards aren't that bad are they? Plus im not a pro, this is just for my own personal use. I dont have a need for the super fast cards that can read more images in a second then I can take anyway. :lol:

My memory's not so good anymore, What was the question??? :lol:

Ok, seriously. I have 32 gigs in my bag. In the fall the local college will usually have 3 or 4 Saturdays when they have a home football game and two home soccer games all in the same day. On those weekends I will get pretty close to using up 32 gigs of memory since I only shoot raw.

Edit: Meant to mention, this also includes shooting a game on Friday night as well. Many a Friday night I get home too late to download cards. Sunday morning has become my ritual download day during football season.

Last edited:
I have 16 GB (2x 8GB cards) in my bag, about 1400 images altogether shot entirely in RAW from a Nikon D80 (10 MP). In day-to-day usage, I can move whatever's on the cards to my computer and then wipe the cards, and since I'll rarely shoot more than a few hundred pics, I rarely fill up even one of those cards. I barely filled both up during a 5 week trip abroad (I actually bought the second one while abroad, got ripped off for it but eh the price of "film"...)

Point is, if you just go out for the day and shoot, odds are you will not need more than 4GB or so for smaller images and 8GB or so for the 20MP+ cameras even when shooting RAW. If you're shooting more than that, you need to learn to shoot less and get more keepers, because no one's going to have 400 keepers in one day's shooting (again, that is if you're just out shooting for the heck of it - professionals, especially wedding professionals, will of course have more shots).

Starting to put things into perspective. Ive only had one day where I took 1000 images, and I only used like 10 of them. But for my average use the 10GB I have is WAY more then I need, however it will be nice for the trip I'm going on. Will allow me to leave my laptop at home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back