How much softness will canvas hide?

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not to sure about this but I would assume that printing on canvas would hide a little bit of softness/blur. I have a picture that is a full length portrait that needs to be printed as a gallery wrap at a size of 20x30. Does anyone know if I can get away with using a less than tack sharp image on a canvas wrap? I could upload a 100% crop for example but I don't want to upload the whole picture as of yet since it was her bridals.

Where would you prefer it be posted Keith?

Where would you prefer it be posted Keith?
Ignore Keith...that's what I do.

As far as soft, it depends...Are you talking about motion blur, missed focus, or a lot of noise reduction?

I print at 20x30 pretty often with regular prints and I don't have a problem as long as the photo is sound to begin with. I would think that printing on Canvas would, indeed, mask some technical flaws.

Canvas is classic, it's soft in it's self. Not really meant to be looked upon at 3rd of an inch with magnifying glass.
If u rnt sure about the results, speak with the lab u r printing with. But make sure u r using REAL lab where ur images are respected and not some priceclub or pharmacy where all the techs do is press a button.
Good luck.

Most reactions

Back