How on earth do you make a decision??!!

Im pretty sure it does have bracketing....

[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]-/+2 EV in 1/2 EV or 1/3 EV increments[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

Haha... So it does. After a little digging (referering to the manual) I found out how to do it. Thanks for opening my eyes :hail:

Now I have something to experiment with over the weekend.

You can easily get great results with a 350d-400d, probably the best place to start as a begineer.
Invest in some decent glass and by the time you reach the limits of your body the next gen xxD model will be out and you can upgrade to that.

That's the path I'm taking anyway :)

You seem like you're in a Canon mindset. Check out some Nikon's if you're not tolding set on them.

I can't believe how hard it is to decide on what DSLR to get. I think I would be very satisfied with the XT, but why not spend a little more and get the XTi? And once I decide on the XTi, why not spend a little more and go to the 30D? And then when I am there I can't help but think of spending just a little more to get the 40D!!! I, being a beginner, don't really know how strongly to look on all the bells and whistles that the more expensive cameras have. Is the self cleaning lens something that is really important? When does the 6.5 fps really come in handy? I don't think I need anything too fancy now, but if I really get into photography will I want to invest in a better camera? I guess it is the whole debate between buying the better one now so that you don't have to invest later, or buying the cheaper one now because I am just beginning and don't know how far I am actually going to go. Any input would be great to read.

You know what, reading this just made me laugh, i was in your shoes about 6 weeks ago. Trying to make up my mind to the same thing. I finally went with the 40 d. I love it. and believe me the camera is not that scary. Sure its a lot to learn but I try to spend time on it every single day and its really wonderful. if you get the 40 d you can get the FULL LENGTH USER MANUAL ON LINE and it goes into great depth about all the features and whys and hows they are used. its not the little user manual that comes with the camera. I use it a lot, its very helpful. I`ll send you the link if you want it.

I think I am going to go with the 30D. Still not 100% positive, but probably 90% now. I went to a store and checked out both cameras and think that the 30D is probably best for me. Unless anyone can convince me that the 40D is really worth $400 more. Anyone up for that challenge? Thank you for all your help.

The problem with buying a XT is if you do get into the hobby, you might find yourself outgrowing your camera fast. I would recommend the 30D in this situation.

Hell, I have a XT, 20D, 30D, 40D and I find myself using my 20D and 30D more than the XT and the 40D.

I think I am going to go with the 30D. Still not 100% positive, but probably 90% now. I went to a store and checked out both cameras and think that the 30D is probably best for me. Unless anyone can convince me that the 40D is really worth $400 more. Anyone up for that challenge? Thank you for all your help.

Check this site out...does a decent job in comparing the two
http://www.digital-slr-guide.com/canon-30d-vs-40d.html

Thanks for that website. It did the best job in comparing the two that I've seen. I am going to be purchasing the 30D tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back