how stupid am i

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i just discovered that all this time, i've been working in the worst possible color space- the default space for ps7. switched over to adobe 1998 last night and OMG, it's just like seeing the world in REAL color. i have been converting to bw so often because something about the colors in my photos always bugged me on some visceral level... now i know why.
what a difference- just the few portraits i've worked since then have improved tremendously over everything i'd done to date.
(since all things are relative, this does not in any way indicated that i am satisfied with my work yet :) )
i feel like an idiot for not catching that way back in the beginning of the learning curve.
if you haven't made the switch yet, check it out- you'll love it.

yeh, the problem with that is everyone would have to switch to see the beauty of it like u do

im on a MAC and the screen is much lighter than a PC ... my hubby's MAC is brighter than mine ... im in the middle ... i put my setting between a PC and a MAC :D

i just wish everyone can see the exact same colors for web viewing .. my colors in Photoshop are very different than when i "save for web" ... most times its worse :lol:

ya, but man do the prints look different!
too bad the exif data can't drive the color settings on receiving monitors....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back