How to add a Screwed Lens Hood to Threadless Lens?

kovacs22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an Industar-50 collapsible lens which has a 36mm edge diameter. However, the edge is reeded and doesn't have an internal threading to accommodate threaded lens hoods (though there's an internal recessed area that may or may not accommodate a single thread for a 35mm lens hood). There is, however, threading that's adjacent to the lens itself, which is 22mm in diameter. That's a little too small and I can't find any lens hoods for that anyway.

I was thinking that I'd find some sort of clip on adapter ring with threads on the outer edge to attach to the 36mm reeded area, then screw down a lens hood of, say, 37mm. Does this product exist and can someone please let me know what it's called? I also see a 2mm diameter hole on the reeded edge of this particular lens - perhaps I can use it to help secure the adapter (but only if it's necessary).

And, I know that there are snap-on and collapsible lens hoods, but I don't feel comfortable with them. The OEM ones are snap/slip on hoods and they seem to snap/slip off instead.

If there's a UV filter I can add to the 22mm threaded area, which has an external threading to add a lens hood to the UV filter's mount, then that sounds great, too.

I've attached an image below that I took of the 2mm hole and the 36mm reeded edge of my lens.

Thanks in advance!

P1080215.JPG

Last edited:
Wait, will Elmar 35mm lens hoods fit the Industar-50 lenses??

I found them and it looks like it "snaps" onto the outer reeded area and screws down into the hole!

Does anyone know?

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you didn't use enough duct tape.

It's photography - use gaffing tape.

20160407_214800.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back