how to add color to b&w photo?

al7601

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I fell in love with these photos. For example a child holding a puppy all in b&w except the puppy. I need to know how to do this, step by step preffered lol. I do have adobe light room the newest one. thanks!

google "selective coloring"

it's usually the opposite of your title. making a color photo desaturated and leaving color only where you want it.

and it's easy to overkill on the selective coloring, so do it sparingly.

Photos? What photos? I see nothing posted, so I'm not sure if you're talking about an old black and white photo that you want to "hand color" with software - or if you are talking about a current photograph, ie a black and white wedding photo where only a single rose carried by the bride has color. al7601, I'd heed SteffJay's advice/warning and steer clear of that particular post processing gimmick. If you post one for C&C, I could pretty much guarantee you'll be in tears after the second critique. ;) That being said, it's pretty easy to do in Lightroom with the adjustment brush. Just convert to photo to black and white, then click on the adjustment brush, select "saturation", and move the saturation slider all the way to the right. Then select an appropriate brush size and paint over whatever you want to be in color. It's like magic.

Photoshop is ace to add and change colour however you need to have some knowledge of selection and hue/saturation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back