How to advertise to the world that you're just a NEWB photographer...

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Name your business with one of the following words (combine multiple for extra points!):

Precious
Frozen
Time
Captured
Focus
Moments
Memories
Snaps
Shots
Frame
Forever

I cannot tell you much names containing those words eat at me like nails on a chalkboard.

I see those names, and I think to myself, "This person is NOT gonna be any good." And then I visit their website/portfolio/facebook page, and 9.99 times out of 10 I'm right.

I think only ONCE did I assume that and they actually kicked a$$. Everyone else was incredibly mediocre to ... just plain terrible. :lol:

**Awaits the on-slaught of very upset people who have named their businesses as such.**

[DISCLAIMER: For the record, this was sparked by something I saw on Facebook. Not here. I have no idea if any of you are running around with names like this.]

Hmmmm... < Memories Frozen in Time + Facebook > on Ye Olde Google turns up some vewwwy intewesting stuff!!!! Frozen In Time Memories + Facebook - Google Search

Now...there's a BUNCH of 'businesses' by this name, and all I can say is I clicked on some links and looked at some pics...and e.rose has a point. Some of these pages just screeeeeeeam, "Fer-twaag-ru-fuuuuuur! Per-fessh-un-llll fer-taaaaaag-ru-fuuuuuur!"

Hmmmm... < Memories Frozen in Time + Facebook > on Ye Olde Google turns up some vewwwy intewesting stuff!!!! Frozen In Time Memories + Facebook - Google Search

Now...there's a BUNCH of 'businesses' by this name, and all I can say is I clicked on some links and looked at some pics...and e.rose has a point. Some of these pages just screeeeeeeam, "Fer-twaag-ru-fuuuuuur! Per-fessh-un-llll fer-taaaaaag-ru-fuuuuuur!"
:confused:

How about flashbacks? Does that give me away? :giggle:

Bored tonight Rose? :lol:
If you ARE just bored, I'm happy to share my Facebook rant for the evening.

Let's call it anything having to do with time, period. Whether or not it actually utilizes the word time in it. :biglaugh:

What is your rant?

How about flashbacks? Does that give me away? :giggle:

Bored tonight Rose? :lol:
If you ARE just bored, I'm happy to share my Facebook rant for the evening.

Let's call it anything having to do with time, period. Whether or not it actually utilizes the word time in it. :biglaugh:

What is your rant?

Damnit! I thought I was onto something with that one. :giggle:

RANT:
Sue Bryce posted a stunning (as always) image to her Facebook page this evening with the question "Natural or strobe?" wanting people to guess. Comments are paraphrased as follows
"strobe"
"Natural"
"You know this broke a rule right?"

"strobe"
"Strobe"
" are you SURE you meant to crop it that way?

"natural"
"natural"
Sue; Strobes! (insert setup description)
"that sounds like a lot of work for something you could do with natural light"
"You really should have cropped it this way (insert stolen screen shot and recrop)

UMMM!!! Seriously?! This is SUE ****ING BRYCE... Who takes her images and "Fixes" them and then POSTS THEM TO HER THREAD ON FACEBOOK?! And who tells her that she "Broke the rules?"

UMMM!!! Seriously?! This is SUE ****ING BRYCE... Who takes her images and "Fixes" them and then POSTS THEM TO HER THREAD ON FACEBOOK?! And who tells her that she "Broke the rules?"

People who want to make themselves feel like they know something when they don't.

It's a lot like running around on here... wait... what? Did I say that out loud? :biglaugh:

I am changing my website name

It used to be Lew Lorton Photography - clearly not catchy.

Now it will be

Lew Lorton's moments, captured in focus and frozen in time and in the frame forever for your memories, not just precious snaps but shots you want to keep forever.

kinda has a ring to it.
my business cards will have to be longer.

Most reactions

Back