How to Alienate Models

Stop making so much sense, limr!!!!

Ya, I hate it when she does that too.

But hey, you now what they say, Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.

There you go, one throw away phrase. I know how you love them so... lol

Late to the party but I didn't see anything there that was earth shattering or wasn't good business practice.

Stop making so much sense, limr!!!!

It's difficult to apply reasoned, rational lines of thought to click-bait pieces where one-person, extreme opinions are trotted out as if they are representative of anything resembling the real world, or the way "most people" view things. In the past, we've argued over other Petapixel click-bait pieces presented here. Often all they do is serve to sow discord. Some of the crap Petapixel slaps up is really the equivalent of junk science or poison-pen journalism...cheap, trashy controversy, designed to gain hits. That's what I mean by, "Stop making so much sense," in that you're applying real thinking to a click-bait piece that's basically, a massive troll on the author's part and on the site that hosted the typing.

As most people realize, but as many forget, the little guy web sites like Petapixel NEED to draw people in for clicks, to build those all-important 1/5 of a penny advertising click-through numbers. The easiest way to do that is to periodically slap up some piece of fertilizer that is deliberately provocative, or controversial, with the old maxim, "Any publicity is good publicity!" being the M.O. of such sites. I've read numerous web guru articles that advise webmasters to do just this: post deliberately controversial pieces, to build clicks. It's a well-worn strategy. Tedious, but proven.

Yup, it's all about delivering eyeballs to advertisers, so bonus points for a firm grasp of the obvious. Just compare Petapixel's Alexa score to this place's between the splenetic rants. No one's listening to you.

despite the jokes, models love to pester questions "where the photo, etc." so we need to write a harmful advices for models like "how to annoy a photographers" it will be useful

Most reactions

Back