How To Behave On An Internet Forum

It's not that it's the correct spelling, it's that, usually, spell-checkers ignore anything that's capitalized unless specifically told to check that word. So making "haha" all caps will cause it to not check it. Just do a simple test: It thinks that "asdf" is spelled wrong, but "ASDF" is spelled correctly. My understanding is that this is to avoid underlining every acronym.

Hmm, good call. You're absolutely right. I never thought of that. Either way, I still hate seeing the little red line underneath 'haha', HAHA.

I hate the little red or even the little green line anyway. But it really pushes my buttons when people can't get was, and were right, or then and than.. Come on... Grammar, doesn't matter what country you are from.. lol

I hate the little red or even the little green line anyway. But it really pushes my buttons when people can't get was, and were right, or then and than.. Come on... Grammar, doesn't matter what country you are from.. lol

I think I have a pretty decent grasp on 'than' and 'then', but 'effect' and 'affect' always mess me up. It doesn't matter how many times I've been taught which is which, I always doubt myself and most of the time end up choosing the wrong one. Damn grammar. Oh, by the way, there shouldn't be a comma after 'was' in your response. :p

lol Yeah my bad.. I was typing fast and dealing with kids... Oops

Godwin's Law has been misquoted... It states that any thread where an inappropriate Hitler Reference is made should be locked (although it came around before message boards in the days of newsgroups)

Hah, you heard wrong, buddy! At least about the penguins. Shy, hardworking, faithful little avians that they are. They have im-peck-able internet manners.

penguins? did someone say penguins? :confused:

Most reactions

Back