How to blend from head down to the body in portrait retouching software

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just started using portrait retouching software to brush up on portraits and was wondering how I can bring it all the way down the neck, chest and body if need be. As you look at the head and down the neck to the chest you can see how the transition is very noticeable. How would I go about achieving a smooth blend so it doesn't seem processed?

Thanks

View attachment 50524

Which software are you using?

I can't guide you on that one. I use Portraiture. I just use the eye dropper tool in Portraiture to choose all the tones I want to include in what it softens and smooths. It runs its magic off of that. It will show a mask over the tones that I have selected so I can see what areas are being included. This may not be the case with your program.

I'm going to check that program out and see if it's worth buying. I downloaded professional portraits to give e it a try and see if I want to get a full copy. I'll check it out and see what I can do.

Thanks.

I'm going to check that program out and see if it's worth buying. I downloaded professional portraits to give e it a try and see if I want to get a full copy. I'll check it out and see what I can do.

Thanks.
Portraiture is worth its weight in gold. I can't tell you how valuable it is in my business.

Sh*t...they need to be paying me for this endorsement! :)

Expand the mask area by hand painting it.

In the manual: 3.2.12

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back