How to elimintate line formed by putting two sheets of paper together?

photo_abc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I prefer to have a blue background for the object. So far, I put a large sheet of blue paper at the inner bottom of the light box. The object of interest sits on the blue paper. If I want to make an infinite background, I will need a very large sheet of paper for both the background and the floor. I cannot find one large enough. If I put two sheets of paper next to each other or slightly overlay each other, I can see a line in the photo. Is there a way to eliminate such line?

The best way to handle the line is to make certain your lighting doesn't emphasize the join and is consistent for a good space on either side of the join.
Then, virtually any editing software will allow you to erase what discrepance exists.

Now that's thinking outside the box. :eagerness:
That's from doing a bunch of kids projects on these large flexible poster sheets. I'm not talking about the foam core ones but those are also good for bouncing light.
==> Pacon Poster Board Class Pack - Walmart.com

You can buy individual sheets. Cut them as you need.
I use black and white for infinite background for when I sell things.
whether large or small, black or white (or any color).
Setup is "Fast" as it's on a small table with a shelf behind. So the paper curve up the shelf. Not top notch professional but not bad for under 5 minutes total for everything.
a12.jpg

aDSCN0742 - Copy.JPG

Hi, I prefer to have a blue background for the object. So far, I put a large sheet of blue paper at the inner bottom of the light box.

Astro, your overthinking my comment.:allteeth:

Nice shots

Here you can see the poster board flex up from the work table up to the shelf
a04.jpg

Hi, I prefer to have a blue background for the object. So far, I put a large sheet of blue paper at the inner bottom of the light box.

Astro, your overthinking my comment.
I know .. I thought it was funny.
but I thought I would give some quick examples of how I use the various colors of poster board.

I thought of using a light box before .. but after I experimented with the kids poster board I figured it was good enough (and super cheap) for what I was doing.

The boxes are too limiting. I built a product table, that I can remove the background supports and use it for other purposes.

The boxes are too limiting. I built a product table, that I can remove the background supports and use it for other purposes.

Could you please post a photo of your setup?

The objects of interest could be as large as 52cm wide x 18 cm depth x60 cm tall. I want to take photos of the components (plastic, metallic or both) and also photos of the full object. I may put two same objects but different colors side by side for comparison . In this case, what is the recommended size of the light box? Is it better to make two light boxes or a large one would do the job. Flexible poster sheets are a bit small.

Hi, I prefer to have a blue background for the object. So far, I put a large sheet of blue paper at the inner bottom of the light box. The object of interest sits on the blue paper. If I want to make an infinite background, I will need a very large sheet of paper for both the background and the floor. I cannot find one large enough. If I put two sheets of paper next to each other or slightly overlay each other, I can see a line in the photo. Is there a way to eliminate such line?
Problem solved................................
http://savageuniversal.com/products/seamless-paper

Problem solved................................
Seamless Paper | Savage Universal

Thank you for the info. I will look into it.

Could you please post a photo of your setup?
Next time i set it up to use it i will try to remember to take a photo of it This might be of interest. DIY 1: How To Build Your Own Photo Studio On a Bootstrapped Budget - Pixelz

This was where my idea came from. How To Build A 30$ Still Life Photography Folding Table - DIY Photography

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back