How to Export photos for Email?

sactown024

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have someone i did photos for that wants the original files so they can blow them up. Emailing the photo takes forever as the file is huge and uploading to flickr is taking forever also (does flickr resize automatically?) so what is the best way to send files electronically without losing quality if they want to blow them up? I am using Lightroom 4 and I know how to resize just not sure the best resizing method.

I have someone i did photos for that wants the original files so they can blow them up. Emailing the photo takes forever as the file is huge and uploading to flickr is taking forever also (does flickr resize automatically?) so what is the best way to send files electronically without losing quality if they want to blow them up? I am using Lightroom 4 and I know how to resize just not sure the best resizing method.

If you resize for email then you would not be giving them the original.

But the biggest problem is that if you resize them small enough to be email friendly then they are going to look horrible when they have them blown up.

I would upload them to a place that they can then go and download them from. The public folder of a Dropbox account may work depending on the number of photos.

Get yourself the free version of Dropbox. Put the hi-res images into a personal folder and you can email him the link. Once he gets the link he can download the images from the folder. This is a great no hassle way to get large files to someone and the learning curve to do this is pretty much zero (I'm an idiot and I figured it out in 15 seconds). The other benefit is it works in a "cloud" so you can access all your Dropbox files from any of your personal computers/ smartphones/ tablets.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back