How to find photography workshops or photography meet-ups in your area??

Sammie_Lou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn't really sure where to put it...I was just wondering if anybody knew of any good sites to go to in order to find photography workshops in my area. I thought it would be kind of fun to meet with a group and learn something new, but I don't really know how to go about finding the workshops or groups for photography walks in my area. Does anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance!

Oh, also, in case anyone is in my area and knows of a specific group around here, I'm in the Metro-Detroit area. Thanks!

Usually people do this

I did do that and didn't find anything that looked very legit, but thanks for the (smart-ass) response.

I think places like the PPPA would have them.

meetup.com has a lot of photography related stuff.. although I have never gone to any. They list a lot of local clubs too. :)

Thanks for the responses! I'll check those out. When I was googling, I found a lot of "workshops" by "professional photographers" that had portfolios that consisted of jaundiced looking babies, so I figured I'd ask people who might know better. lol

CreativeLive has a lot of online seminars you can purchase. There is a baby seminar in a few weeks. It is free if you can catch it live.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Thanks for the responses! I'll check those out. When I was googling, I found a lot of "workshops" by "professional photographers" that had portfolios that consisted of jaundiced looking babies, so I figured I'd ask people who might know better. lol

Yea.. a lot of those out there! lol! If they can't "DO".. they try to teach!

Theres this one, thejoyofmarketing, that isn't like, shooting really but almost always has an interesting listen. They usually do a free one fairly often too.

Silly question...why do all of the camera clubs that I'm finding only run from September-May?? I feel like that's really bizarre. lol

Sammie- can you give us a specific genre?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back