How to fit the photo per browser width?

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need your help as - how can I make my posted photo fit the browser, so I don't have to scroll to the right to view the complete photo.

Any tip appreciated.

You mean resize the image? In photoshop I go to Image>Image Size then I adjust the width to 800 pixels with the Scale styles and Constrain proportions buttons checked.

The pic may come out a bit soft so then I just sharpen it up a tad afterwards.

The pic may come out a bit soft so then I just sharpen it up a tad afterwards.

What makes a picture look sharp is the increased/decreased density of the pixels at tone junctions. When you make the image smaller, you usually wipe out those fine lines at the junctions so you need tor resharpen.

This is one of my big huge pet peeve of posters of this forum and on the internet in general. I don't understand why people insist on posting full resolution 10 mp images in forums. And then they ask for critique! Hard to critique a photo when it is a full photo at wide angle of a sports stadium and all you can see on the screen in the post is a couple of seats.

I've been thinking of starting a thread on here about limiting image size in posts so it fits. I run 1024x768 on my POS computer at work and a 900 pixel width image is the absolute maximum that will fit without scrolling at that resolution. 1024x768 resolution isn't an oddball resolution just yet and there are many users on the net still at this res.

A real simple solution would be to change your display setting to a higher resolution on your computer. Would save you from having to resize every picture you take.

A real simple solution would be to change your display setting to a higher resolution on your computer. Would save you from having to resize every picture you take.

Many thanks for your tips, but changing the monitor resulution from 800-600 into 1024-768 seem instantaneous work. Not only that now I have unused space on the left and on the right :mrgreen:. I have computers for years and I have no clue on this. Yet now new thing just showed up as new problem - the fonts became so small too. I have increased the font size from the browser as well as from the window setting and - only your signatures on the bottom increases.

Anyway. Before this resolution changes there were posted photos that are fit to the browser and that are not. I still want to change the photos themselves. I only have Ulead Photo Explorer 7.0, a free program.

Any help will be implemented right away.

Note: I went holiday to an Asian country last year and everyday I went to the net cafe. Many of the equipments there are not capable to do the resolution change. That is what I am considering.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back