How to go about selling bird pictures?

Any ideas how to make money from selling bird pictures etc? I love doing it and need some income. A woman in a shop that sold pictures once told me people won't buy my picture of a seagull because birds are thought as 'bad luck' :/

Anyway happy with these i took. I cropped the 3rd one so many times in different angles aha not sure i like the one i chose to upload

View attachment 91892 View attachment 91893 View attachment 91894

I think the most important thing you can ask yourself is would you pay someone else for the images you plan on selling? If the answer is no/maybe, then you are probably not going to be successful. That being said, the only person that can make you successful is yourself. If you really want to do this then do it and don't rely on people you don't know to tell you otherwise. That being said... Don't discount others opinions, be humble, and accept you don't know everything. Good luck.

I think the most important thing you can ask yourself is would you pay someone else for the images you plan on selling?

I'd certainly buy some of my shots that I know no one else would ;)

I'd say ask yourself if you could see National Geographic printing them (make sure you're actually reading a couple of them before asking this question). And if you can't answer yes then maybe you're not ready (yet)

I think the most important thing you can ask yourself is would you pay someone else for the images you plan on selling?

I'd certainly buy some of my shots that I know no one else would ;)

I'd say ask yourself if you could see National Geographic printing them (make sure you're actually reading a couple of them before asking this question). And if you can't answer yes then maybe you're not ready (yet)

Lol, that was the best piece of insight I have ever received regarding work ethic. I believe it applies to every trade. Would you be willing to pay someone else you're salary to do work the way you do it. If the answer is no uou need to reevaluate yourself

The birds have to take up most of the frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back