How to Make a Panaramic

PrimaryCanary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just saw a very amazing shot in the Critque section by voodoocat http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11400 and it has me itching to do some panoramic shots. I think I figured out how to do it but please let me know if I'm wrong.
Meter for the brightest spot, then the darkest spot, find some happy medium, then set the camera to manual exposure and lock in the happy medium and overlap each frame by 20% or so? and of course bring your handy dandy tripod

btw, that photo, yeah, it was great!

once again what use to be fairly technical and require special printing can not be done usually in seconds with a computer. You can shoot multiple shots of a scene rotating at a set angle each time or not even be that accurate and then use a photo sticthing program. I have done some sample panoramics and they came out pretty good. And most of the programs you can save them the size and res that you want or the original resolution of the original scans .

I use a program by canon but there are many out there.

if u want to print it out, check into some office and printing houses they sometime shave large format printers, fortunately the college here has a nice epson i have access to

The website I found was very reasonable, about 2 dollars per 6". (when using 12" vertical paper)

They also had 6" vertical paper for roughly half that cost.

A 7' x 1' panorama would cost about 28 dollars.

That's pretty cheap in my book.

perhaps perhaps, of course then ther eis delivery charges as well as waiting for the print

as i said i can go to the college and get free prints just a thought

I prefer working with a longer focal length lens. Make sure your camera is level. A bubble level that goes into your hot shoe works great. Depending on when you shoot, you may have to adjust the levels even when shooting manually. I shot at sunset when the lighting is changing rapidly. I stitched that panoramic completely by hand in photoshop.

Rolleiflex has a panorama tripod adapter that is set for Rolleiflex cameras but I use it on all of my cameras. It keeps things level and real neat. PLUS I can do amazing 360 photos. Software wise I use Photoshop and do my own merging...with practice(just like with anything) you can get the shot looking flawless.

Hi... if you don't want to spend too much time on thinking about "what settings to use in my cam to have panorama-perfect-exposured pic" use The Panorama Factory. That is a great program that will adjust almost everything and make it look great. if you need any info about it - write me a prv. message

Most reactions

Back