how to make colors sharp?

tkme4ard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How do I make the colors more crisp? the pictures seem too flat?

53dbe79c.jpg

6599b32d.jpg

I do love this one of Isabella (these are my 3 children)
SM3.jpg

If you are shooting film and the negatives will be printed by a "good" lab, set your meter so it will overexpose the film by 2/3rds of a stop, then meter the shadows and shoot at the suggested exposure. If shooting digital, expose for the highlights.

You really needed some flash to eliminate the 'raccoon eyes' in the first two images you posted.

Tally Ho, Da Ho, Don Ho, Heidi Ho, Heave Ho, Gung Ho, Cheng Ho.

It's probably shooting into the light that's caused the problem. You need to boost the saturation in an image editing package to increase the colours, but I think you might need to adjust the contrast really.
Someone may well sort them for you, some on here are brilliant with the digital tweeks - I just tend to take the picture again if it doesn't work out quite right and try to learn from it...

(I was posting at the same time as Tally Ho and interpreted the question totally differently! Sorry if I'm way off base.)

I have a digital rebel so it's not film. I should of added that sorry

The last one looks great to me, good exposure and nice vibrant colors. In the first tow, you're shooting against a very bright sky and it looks like that's what your camera is metering off of. I agreey with Tally that fill flash would help, and if you use photoshop you can lighten up their faces a bit as well. I think you've got the right idea, and use that last one as a guide, watch for places where there isn't direct sun, shaded by trees is always a good bed and bring a flash to fill in for shadows :)

This is my edit on the first one. I tweaked Curves a little bit, upped the saturation, and added a little contrast.

Angela? (If not, just slap me!)

I keep seeing your username, thinking it rings a bell. Then I saw your kids and I thought "hey, I *DO* know her from somewhere!" LOL! Must be one of the parenting or sewing boards???!!!

I love the posing! I love the last pic the most.

yeeeeeees it's Angela ROFL sewing mamas? amity's? where? LOL

tkme4ard said:
yeeeeeees it's Angela ROFL sewing mamas? amity's? where? LOL

LOL! Must be Amity's sewing board! I don't really sew anymore though--it's neat to see you here! I didn't know you were into photography! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back