What can I do to make more details visible?

thetoxicmud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I couldn’t figure out how can I make more details visible on that wing and robe, can see no feathers at all ISO been already pumped and adding EC was making image look way too overexposed . I’m new with my first camera.

Taken with canon r10 in fv mode

Rf-s 18-45 mm

27mm, f5, 1/50s, iso 6400, EC -3

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
You can adjust the lighting in Photoshop and then sharpen it with Topaz Clarity...

You can adjust the lighting in Photoshop and then sharpen it with Topaz Clarity...
I see so basically there was nothing I could do or adjust during the shot ? I’m not bothered with this image itself, I’m trying to see if I can improve something.

You could shoot it again in better light, that would help...

@thetoxicmud Based on your exposure settings the light was pretty dim. Set your camera to AV (Aperture Prority) with an aperture as low as it will go. Try cropping the ISO to 3200, then set your exposure mode to "spot" and sample the wing or robe, then take a test shot with no EC applied. From that you can adjust accordingly. By locking the ISO and aperture, each -stop EC will double the shutter speed (reducing light on the sensor) and each +stop EC will reduce the shutter speed by half (increasing light on the sensor).

Also, with a significant difference in Dynamic Range, you could use a speedlight, though be aware that there are limitations on distance.

Last edited:
My first thought was an up light from flash or reflector under the sing. But then as I looked more it would cast shadows so unless you can balance the light / flash I don’t know

I usually have my camera on manual and play with the speed and aperture until the image looks reasonably like what I am looking for. Take ten images to get one that you like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back