How to make this better

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What can I do to make this better? I like it, but I don't. It just needs something. Increased lighting? Does it look real? I just don't know and I'm tired of working on it and thought I would ask opinions.

4233129864_740cabd7cc.jpg

Cute baby picture. I think whatever pp you've done you have done well.
The watermark is distracting to me because of how big it is.

I think the picture looks "real" but isn't very interesting. Maybe if the baby was sitting at a desk or was asleep in a meeting I would get it better.

+1 on the watermark. The light, camera right is to far off the lens axis. Racoon eye.

Last edited:
Maybe if you told us what you were going for here. What are you trying to say and or portray?

At this point the child looks scary. Maybe some softer light and better skin tones. Not sure if he is lying down or put into an upright position. Not sure if he is alive or dead. The closed eyes are freaking me out and he looks like he is gasping for air.

Love & Bass

Something about the photo just looks really off, aside from the weird lighting, conflicting shadows, and a weird pose. Was this built in photoshop from? It looks really worked. It looks like there was a selection made arounf the baby and the blanket(?) and the white was added in. I can't tell which way up is? Is the baby lying down, is it propped up in some crazy way or held up with strings? There's no sense of depth. also, it looks like you're got a glamour style key light with fill coming in from camera right, and that's not really a great combo. You said you were tired of working on it, so I can only assume that you've done a fair bit of post. My suggestion would either be to start over with the original file, or better yet, start over with a better capture. It's really easy to end up spending hours trying to massage a bad capture into reasonable shot, but it's almost always faster to just try and retake the shot, if you have that option.

Most reactions

Back