How to prevent fogging on lens?

Get a lens hood and see. I never shoot without a lens hood. It helps with lens flair, protects the lens without any distortion and, just maybe, keeps the lens from fogging up. Lens hoods are relatively cheap and there is no downside to using one.

There is definitely a downside. To me, they were cumbersome. They take up extra space in my bag, so I stopped using them. They also add a tiny bit of weight to the camera.

Do you not just store the lens hood backwards on the lens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I already answered that.

Get a lens hood and see. I never shoot without a lens hood. It helps with lens flair, protects the lens without any distortion and, just maybe, keeps the lens from fogging up. Lens hoods are relatively cheap and there is no downside to using one.

There is definitely a downside. To me, they were cumbersome. They take up extra space in my bag, so I stopped using them. They also add a tiny bit of weight to the camera.

Do you not just store the lens hood backwards on the lens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I already answered that.
LOL oops! I was just replying on my phone and at that point I didn't realize how long the thread was and that this had already been covered :/

Should you use a lens hood always..just curious if this is the daily practice of most..

I always use the lens hood. It helps keep u wanted light away from the camera and it adds a level of safety if I drop the camera or hit it on something.

I always use the lens hood. It helps keep u wanted light away from the camera and it adds a level of safety if I drop the camera or hit it on something.
thank you.. i will start using it today ..

Try using a filter
Q is you camera at the same temp as outside

Most reactions

New Topics

Back