How to shoot clothing

mrsonlight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does any one know how to shoot shirts where they have a form to them(like they were on someone) but you can see the inside of the shirt collar. If I use a mannaquin I can not see back of shirt. I see this all the time but do not know how to do it. Do not want flat shirt. Any suggestions?

well........use a lot of white toilet paper... put it inside and use a thread to avoid it from falling out...

mentos_007 said:
well........use a lot of white toilet paper... put it inside and use a thread to avoid it from falling out...

Yes, and also you can try to use a soft focus to capture the texture of the cloth.

I would think maybe lots of starch applied when it is on a maniquien and then hopefully it will be sturdy enough to stand on its own.

I say that the one in the photo just looks like a manequine shot. It's the type that's only a torso. With a polo shirt like the one pictured, the collar will stay up on it's own.

Hi "Mrsonlight" and others. Can't any of you spell MANNEQUIN, what's happening to our education system. Something along the lines of what "mysterscribe" posted might help. If you wanted to do this on a regular basis, you could mould some chicken wire [mesh] around a female body, making a sort of mould, just around the front should do, just to get the shape, then somehow using your skill, hang it from a pole. You may have to put some material around it to soften the pointy bits, and it may work. Just a thought. I notice the sample you posted works only on the trunk of the body. The arms are not filled out.

www.philipweirphotography.com

Philip Weir said:
Hi "Mrsonlight" and others. Can't any of you spell MANNEQUIN, what's happening to our education system. Something along the lines of what "mysterscribe" posted might help. If you wanted to do this on a regular basis, you could mould some chicken wire [mesh] around a female body, making a sort of mould, just around the front should do, just to get the shape, then somehow using your skill, hang it from a pole. You may have to put some material around it to soften the pointy bits, and it may work. Just a thought. I notice the sample you posted works only on the trunk of the body. The arms are not filled out.

www.philipweirphotography.com

Im real sure that a female would alow them selfs to be coved in chicken mesh :lol:, the way to do it is broom stick mounted on a base with a coat hanger on ether side bent in to a P shape then mount them on the broom stick so that when the shirt is on the hanger you dont see the broom then if you want to add depth just rap some foam around the round bit of the P shape to fill the sholders out. or just hang it on a coat hanger attached to a peice of string hung from the celling and then just photoshop the coat hanger out

This advice might work if you plan to di this often, this would be very effecient and cost about 60 - 70$

after puting this together it would take no time at all to switch clothes
and setup....

get a cheap floor halogen lamp 14 bucks walmart...
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4241690

rip it apart and use the base and stand, you can buy 2 and use the second as a diffused light source

then get a bust like one of these and stick it on the pole by drilling threads into the botom if the bust that matches the pole, or you can just sillicone it together.......also take off the hook on the top of the bust.....
when you shoot you can cover the top of the neck with same color material or leave it black or even PS it out afterwards.....

45.00$
http://www.creativeartworks.cc/i_8209.html

10.00$
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7590635357&category=109412

then you have a self standing bust !!!!!!!!!!!! just bill it into the job

just an idea !!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back