How to take such as photos with CANON 550D ?

hads

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a beginner and I would like to know how to take like this pictures with Canon 550D :

OP: TPF rules prohibit the posting of images to which you do not hold copyright or copyright holder's permission to use, therefore they have been deleted. You may provide LINKS to the images at their original location if you wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
You answered your own question

I am a beginner

Patience and experience

Yes, but there is some settings, can I know what they are ?

Specific settings are unimportant.

Learn to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO (exposure triangle).
Learn about composition.

There simply is no one-size-fits-all setting.
Variables such as weather and available light are nearly always different.
If you figure out how to apply the exposure triangle and learn how to compose a shot you're there. No matter what situation you get in, these 2 are the answer.

@Judobreaker Thank you for your answer.

Can you give me some links of tutorials on how to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO (exposure triangle) ?
By learning these, will I be able to make the same shots ? the same image quality ?

Thanks !

Yes, but there is some settings, can I know what they are ?

Your question is a bit like asking, after having enjoyed a three-course gourmet meal, what temperature was the oven set at?

There are many decisions that went into making those images, with those decisions being guided by knowledge of the light and the equipment used. In addition, it appears that the second image had considerable post-processing done to bring out the colours in the foreground. So the simple anwer to your question is: When you learn the techniques and get the practice, you will know the anwer.

Edit: try this as a start http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...299286-new-feature-photography-tutorials.html

As the others have mentioned, a lot of skill and knowledge goes into the making of a good image. There's compositional theory, the technical aspects of exposure, the artistic elements of exposure.... I've had a camera in my hands almost every day for 30+ years and I still learn something almost every day! In addition to the link above, YouTube is a GREAT source for tutorials, as is your public library. Even if books are 20, 30 years old, it really doesn't matter, since the only thing that has changed is the way the photons are actually recorded. Take it slow, read and practice!

Most reactions

Back