How to use Canon's Direct Print button

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Silly, huh? I'm considering actually using the button.

Got a shoot with 50-100 foster kids. Photos can't be placed online - the way it works is each kid will get a simple 4x6 at the night-of the party. Last year, we did the CF card thing, with passing cards back/forth to a few people with printers, who would go through and pick the prints.

Surely there is a more efficient way of doing this. If I was tethered via USB to a printer of some sort, could I just pick the successful picture of the kid with Santa and use the print button to send to the printer? That sounds easy...does it work this way?

With my Canon, I have the Canon Selphy printer, which has a USB cable, and the other end just plugs into my camera. The camera detects the printer and you just scroll through and print the pictures right from the camera. The print button on my camera has a blue light that lights up once you are connected to the printer. It is just that easy. I don't know, however, if it has to be a Pict Bridge printer, or not.

Surely it's in the manual?

RTFM ;)

Surely it's in the manual?

RTFM ;)

nope, the manual states "Direct Print Button: please refer to section 8a of the Canon Powershot SD750 instruction booklet for information regarding the Direct Print feature."

That's odd. Usually they spend half the manual explaining the features that nobody will ever use. :lol:

Sorry, I don't know anything about the direct print features.

Direct Printing and Data Transfer

Save time and energy with the EOS Digital Rebel XTi (EOS 400D) by simple connection to any Canon PictBridge-compatible printer via USB 2.0 High-Speed. Dual functionality in the Print/Share button enables direct printing and direct data transfer. For direct printing, just select the image from the playback screen, verify print settings, and press the handy button. Enhanced PictBridge functionality offers other direct print advantages like red-eye reduction and face brightening. A new PictBridge function lets you unplug the USB cable during printing once data transfer is complete. Which means you can use your camera sooner rather than later, before printing has finished.* For direct data transfer, connect the EOS Digital Rebel XTi (EOS 400D) to a PC with EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk software, choose transfer items from the menu, and press the Print/Share button to download the images you like, even for desktop wallpaper.
From HERE

Funny because it is now the Live View button. Have you tried mounting a USB printer of any kind? The baby canon sounds like a good unit, I have seen them around.

You can just run the EOS utility (usb wired) and set it up to dump all exposures into a folder that lightroom or bridge is monitoring. I have extended the USB cable 4 feet with no problems.

If you have some major cash, the Wireless File Transfer gizmo ($950) could be used to setup a Picture Station, and with some FTP space and internet connectivity multiple stations could be deployed.

-Shea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back