How to use wireless remote when not in focus?

robb01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive read the manual, and researched this but can't find the answer. It seems like whenever I want to try and use my wireless remote, it won't work because the autofocus isn't locked on. I usually have it set on manual focus, but it even then it won't lock on a focus, and i cant use the remote to take the photo? Is there anyway around this so that the focus doesn't have to lock before I can take the picture?

What mode are you shooting in? The auto modes (eg full auto, landscape, macro etc..) need a lock on to allow a shot normally - however when in aperture priority, shutter priority, manual mode should allow a shot, even if out of focus, when using them in manual focusing mode.

You might want to check your custom settings as you might have a mode enabled which prevents photos being taken when the AF is not locked on.

What mode are you shooting in? The auto modes (eg full auto, landscape, macro etc..) need a lock on to allow a shot normally - however when in aperture priority, shutter priority, manual mode should allow a shot, even if out of focus, when using them in manual focusing mode.

You might want to check your custom settings as you might have a mode enabled which prevents photos being taken when the AF is not locked on.

I was shooting in M, w/ the manual focus on as well, it seemed strange. I'll look through the settings and see if there is something

Check the batteries :)

Most reactions

Back