How to.. with YN-622n Triggers

Yeah I'm unsure, but my 622n doesn't seem to pass the TTL through to it. I can play around more today.

Just for clarification, are you talking about when in Master Commander mode or at all?

Mine is tricky with the sb800 but it does pass through ttl to the sb800.

My understanding is the SB800 does not work while in Master Commander mode. Can you explain what is tricky, is there an order of operations you go through to make it work?

It's a pain in the arse. It's to the point where I might just pick up a 900 or 910. But you put it on and it will pass through ttl but won't fire unless you hit the AE-L button, lock the exposure, then hit the shutter. Too much for every shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a pain in the arse. It's to the point where I might just pick up a 900 or 910. But you put it on and it will pass through ttl but won't fire unless you hit the AE-L button, lock the exposure, then hit the shutter. Too much for every shot.

Yeah, that's nutty. I like these triggers but they sure have a lot of little nuances.

Yeah, that's nutty. I like these triggers but they sure have a lot of little nuances.

Yea. That was the only time I had an issue. When I need a flash on top and others off camera, I just toss a yn560 on top. But I also need a new flash. The 800 wiggles around in my hotshoe so I'm going to get a new flash.

These triggers are good for me since I use mostly outside off camera. Inside, I'm better off with a basic manual trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm unsure, but my 622n doesn't seem to pass the TTL through to it. I can play around more today.

Just for clarification, are you talking about when in Master Commander mode or at all?

Mine is tricky with the sb800 but it does pass through ttl to the sb800.

My understanding is the SB800 does not work while in Master Commander mode. Can you explain what is tricky, is there an order of operations you go through to make it work?
Omg. I was confusing the 622 with 603. I only have 603s I wanted to get 622s to do just what you're talking about... My bad.

Omg. I was confusing the 622 with 603. I only have 603s I wanted to get 622s to do just what you're talking about... My bad.

Well that does make more sense!

yes. my stupidity does make more sense now.

Most reactions

Back