How would you edit this?

Erinw417

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0007.jpg

I know its not focused properly but I am just curious to see how others would edit it.

1. Open up the shadows
2. Straighten the background
3. Crop that dead space off the bottom
4. Wish I had left more room at the top and left for composition after performing steps 2 & 3

Pretty much what was done in the post above.

1. Open up the shadows
2. Straighten the background
3. Crop that dead space off the bottom
4. Wish I had left more room at the top and left for composition after performing steps 2 & 3

Pretty much what was done in the post above.

there was also some color correction and a lot of sharpening

DSC_0007.jpg

I know its not focused properly but I am just curious to see how others would edit it.

Hell of a snapshot.
I love the look. Hello. I do not know you. I am LightSpeed. I love animals. All of them.
I have a black lab, Rhodesian Ridgeback mix that I saved from a shelter when she was 10 weeks old.
She was born on Halloween night.
Best friend I have.
And is she beautiful? HELL YEAH SHE IS.
aND SO IS YOURS.

I don't know you. Automatically, I like you.
I wouldn't change a damn thing on this.
Technically, I can find many things wrong with the image.
Realistically...........none of that matters on this shot.

Love it! Only thing I would do is get rid of that blue speck on the floor. I don't really like the edit marmots did because it really fades the glossiness of his coat.

Id take the picture again and angle the camera up some more so you have less foreground and more space above the pooches head. maybe some fill flash so you pic up details being lost in the face from his black coat. Then you really would have to edit anything.

6524292433_e877a4e77e_z.jpg

lightened up the dog by selecting and used shadows and highlights. straightened the image and cropped the bottom a bit and added a bit to the top, and cheated the left portion by adding (i'm guessing} a bit of the dog's rear. sharpened

Last edited:
@LightSpeed
I rescued him from a shelter as well when he was about 2 and a half or 3 months old, they said his estimated birthday was Halloween lol. He's the best dog I've ever had, love him to death. Thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Appreciate the edits, this was a really quick snapshot no time to adjust much lol. He doesn't stay still very long. I'm gonna try to get a shot similar to this again next time he falls asleep haha.

6524292433_e877a4e77e_z.jpg

lightened up the dog by selecting and used shadows and highlights. straightened the image and cropped the bottom a bit and added a bit to the top, and cheated the left portion by adding (i'm guessing} a bit of the dog's rear. sharpened

I'm surprised. You are the first person who actually straightened the image. Although I still think a tighter crop is necessary given the poor background.

Most reactions

Back