How'd they know in the old film days?

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This tickled me. It also reminded me of Tuna's photo of the Chinese girls with the camera phones at the fountain.
It's hard to imagine anymore, not having a preview!
Leslie-class1web.jpg

I've heard it called "Chimping"...I guess because when there are a group of them all doing the same thing...they look like chimps?

It's especially funny to watch a group of photogs at a pro sporting event when they all 'chimp' at the same time to see if they got the shot.

I find it funny at weddings, you rarely even see anyone using the viewfinder anymore...everyone is holding the camera two feet in front of themselves...using the screen to compose the shot.

I even know people who don't have a computer but just view all of their shots on the LCD screen.

Thats funny. Nice catch elsaspet!!!!

Big Mike said:
I've heard it called "Chimping"...I guess because when there are a group of them all doing the same thing...they look like chimps?

It's especially funny to watch a group of photogs at a pro sporting event when they all 'chimp' at the same time to see if they got the shot.

I find it funny at weddings, you rarely even see anyone using the viewfinder anymore...everyone is holding the camera two feet in front of themselves...using the screen to compose the shot.

I even know people who don't have a computer but just view all of their shots on the LCD screen.

Oh! I've heard of chimping before, but I didn't know what it meant. I was especially puzzled when I was going to photograph those tigers and the photogs were all warning about "chimping" by the cages. (There is an alleyway between two cages that you shoot from). Idiot me assumed they meant scratching your armpits and making eee-eee sounds. LOL. Thanks for clearing that up for me!:lol:

Ha ha...hilarious.
Nice catch !!
:)

hehe nice shot, out of curiosity, what was everyone taking pictures of?

omeletteman said:
hehe nice shot, out of curiosity, what was everyone taking pictures of?

This is my bosses PJ class. They were taking picts of one of the Gaurdian Angel's training sessions as part of the program. I had already gotten my shots before the class got there, and I thought I would take a few of the class for memory sake. Just as I had them corralled into one area, the Angles took a break, and they all stopped to check their shots.:lol: Like I said, it remind me of Tuna's photo (not as good quality wise mind you, just the idea) so I snapped away.

hahaa. nice photos by the way, saw them over on Tpf. i've gotten used to not looking at my viewfinder until it's all over with. if i have time to reshoot i'll look though. and of course with my film camera i dont :D

perfect timing Cindy! i love it...this guys expression is great!

One thing that I dislike about chimping, and similar activities, is the fact that you are no longer fully engaged with the activity you are witnessing.

However, I remember a visit to Santiago de Compostela, and this old guy was so obsessed with coaching his partner into posing in a specific place that he never actually looked at the cathedral he was in. They entered, he saw "THE SHOT", nagged her for about 15 mins, took the shot then walked out...

He was using film, but I find that my digicams always tempt me into a peek at the shot, and I think they make the problem worse.

Kodan_Txips said:
However, I remember a visit to Santiago de Compostela, and this old guy was so obsessed with coaching his partner into posing in a specific place that he never actually looked at the cathedral he was in. They entered, he saw "THE SHOT", nagged her for about 15 mins, took the shot then walked out...

Wasn't my brother in law was it? he wants to take photos of scenery, but is worried that the shot might not come out, so always has to put someone slap bang in the centre of the shot - usually his wife - so he recently went to Oz and NZ, and I had to keep asking him what the landmark was behind whoever was in the frame.

Nice shot though elsaspet, I like the big guys expression in there :D

Big Mike, I know what you mean about the arms length photographers, my mate grabbed my cam the other week to take some shots, held it out at arms length and asked how you switch it on, it was, it's a dslr :D

Mind you, for the first time today I used the viewfinder on my compact and I realised that you can;t tell where the focus is when you do that :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back