How's It Made?

Where is the laser coming from in this video? Is it coming from that thing that looks like a close-up of a pencil tip? Blue laser?

No, that's actually a nozzle for compressed air cooling. There is one on the other side for argon gas, to help create an inert environment.

In the image below, you see that black box right under the scope? That box is a shutter (essentially). It switches from my view, to the laser. The laser fires horizontally from behind that box. There is a mirror in the box to direct the laser downward. So every split second that the laser fires, my view goes black. I aim the laser strike with crosshairs in the scope. The laser strike is adjustable via "voltage", which controls the power of the shot, the length of time the laser is on in milliseconds, the Hrtz or frequency of strikes per second, and the diameter of the beam. It can weld silver, gold, platinum, palladium, titaium, aluminum, stainless steel, and I can even use the thing to soft solder (lead solder). It's a fantastic piece of german engineering, that is very user servicable. At my old job, I've replaced motherboards, rheostats, tuned the hand sensors, replaced the flash lamp, filters, water pumps...

I actually have a Leica camera that goes between the scope and that black bock, but nobody can seem to supply me the cord needed to hook it up to a laptop. :mad:

6267454097_dfab779821_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back