How's this?

clee27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Please! xoxox

IMG_6096c.jpg

Personally, I don't like the angle, or all the dead space at the bottom...and the dress is SUPER blown out. I dont mind a little blown areas, but this one almost hurts my eyes its so bright! :p

Personally, I don't like the angle, or all the dead space at the bottom...and the dress is SUPER blown out. I dont mind a little blown areas, but this one almost hurts my eyes its so bright! :p

hrm...thanks! i know this is a stupid question but how do you know when too much is TOOOO MUCH? I ask because I really like the "feel" of the photo and colors but I don't want it like you said ....like "overdone" kinda feel.

as for the angle how about these pictures?

IMG_5770acw.jpg

IMG_5787aw.jpg

IMG_6010bcw.jpg

The first one in your second post is very good! Blown out highlights means the bright parts of the picture are so bright that they lose detail.

I am just not a fan of a LOT of extreme angles...a few in certain shots are ok..but it sometimes its easy to get carried away.

Its hard sometimes to know when you have overdone it. A lot of the time what I do is edit, and then take a day and revisit the image with "fresh" eyes...it tends to help me realize if there is something that I just didnt noticed before because I had been staring at the screen forever. :)

Those 3 are better....well, the first 2. The third again, is very very blown. You dont want them to GLOW like that...haha...unless that is the look they were going for or something. It almost looks like she is just floating in this picture with all this bright, big, blown pieces thrown at her...lol! :)

If something that is not supposed to be white, ends up glowing white like that, its blow and you need to back down a bit. You end up losing detail, and it just isnt pleasing to the eye.

These are not my taste - blown highlights and extreme angles don't do much for me, but, I could see them as fashion shots in a more 'cutting edge' type magazine. I think you've got a particular style going here, and I would explore it further, but at the same time, try and develop more conventional work as well.

HAHHAHAHHAA thank you for the comments and critiques...I really like the "BRIGHT GLOWING" effect! BUT it's okay I totally understand it's not for some people and it is a little strange!!! hehehe she really didn't need the pictures for anything it was mostly for me to just practice!

my first picture in my 2nd post is my "normal" pictures.....the other pictures I was experimenting and wanted something "crazy" for like fashion magazines or somethin'! hehehe xoxoxoox

thanks so much it really helps with all the advice!!!

beyond the angles etc. which has been commented on, I would also say the first one in the first post, and the second in the second group all have rather distracting background elements that don't really add to the photo. I would recomment either trying to crop them out, burn them or something to make it less distracting.

hrm....thanks! how about something like this?
IMG_6000b.jpg

or
IMG_5889b.jpg

I would say before you start working with a photo artistically, make sure the color is correct. The last photo you posted looks a little warm to me, adjust the temp a little and I think that will improve most of your images if you apply that to all of them.

As far as too much being too much, My rule is, "If you can tell it was photoshopped, it's too much." Photography's kind of like writing- once you know the rules, then you can break them. But really in the end it's up to you and your client.

I would say before you start working with a photo artistically, make sure the color is correct. The last photo you posted looks a little warm to me, adjust the temp a little and I think that will improve most of your images if you apply that to all of them.

As far as too much being too much, My rule is, "If you can tell it was photoshopped, it's too much." Photography's kind of like writing- once you know the rules, then you can break them. But really in the end it's up to you and your client.

thanks a lot! yeah the sun was setting and it was really harsh =(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back