Hoya Filter Set

minpingurl1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hoya is a decent name in filters. The price is good, and "HMC" stands for "Hoya Multi-Coating", though as the advertisement is written, it leads me to believe that only the UV filter is multi-coated.

Hoya is a decent name in filters. The price is good, and "HMC" stands for "Hoya Multi-Coating", though as the advertisement is written, it leads me to believe that only the UV filter is multi-coated.

Okay, I re-read it and see that now.

I did find a Hoya HMC ND8 filter, which I think it was I will get instead, since I really don't need the UV and I don't really need the CPL yet.

Before you buy look into Marumi and Heliopan. Heliopan uses Ziess/Schotts glass. In my opinion both are better than Hoya.

Last edited:
Heliopan is an outstanding name in filters, but it comes with an associated outstanding price. For consumer use, I think Hoya and Tiffen do the job adequately.

I did find a Hoya HMC ND8 filter, which I think it was I will get instead, since I really don't need the UV and I don't really need the CPL yet.

I would re-think that; a CPOL, IMO, is much more useful and versatile than an ND. A CPOL will add somewhere between 1 and 2 stops (ND 2 - ND 4) of neutral density as well as increasing saturation and contrast in your images.

Image taken without a CPOL

Image taken with a CPOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back