Hoya polarizing filter question

bs0604

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to get a polarizing filter for my 24-70 lens. Looking at the Hoya web site there is a HRT pollarizing filter whose main attribute seems to be allowing about 25% more light through than other filters. There is also a PRO1 Digital Circ PL filter. Anyone know the differences between these two circular polarizing filters?

bs0604 said:
I want to get a polarizing filter for my 24-70 lens. Looking at the Hoya web site there is a HRT pollarizing filter whose main attribute seems to be allowing about 25% more light through than other filters. There is also a PRO1 Digital Circ PL filter. Anyone know the differences between these two circular polarizing filters?

I'm a noob here and gone thru the old questions. I saw yours and would love to leave a suggestion. Both Hoya and Pro1 are from the same league. Doesn't matter either one as long as which one is much cheaper. If you want my opinion, look for Singh-ray CPL filter. There are the best. Cheers buddy.

I usually only recommend B+W or SinghRay... Hoya filters are of lesser quality, and could possible affect your image quality negatively. If your budget is such that Hoya is your best option, then any of the multi-coated filters would be your best bet. Typically with filters, you get what you pay for...

Most reactions

Back