jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I pulled out the Sigma 50-500mm and caught a couple of shots at the feeder. It's a heavy lens, but it worked out well hand-held.

1 f/6.3 1/2000 ISO 200 500mm
sep04202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 f/6.3 1/2000 ISO 1000 500mm
sep04202102 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

#1 is good. But I think #2 is awesome. You caught many great colors here; on the bird, the feeder and the background. I think the bird stands out great on that blurred background. Is that feeder contributing to the colors on the bird? I may have to get me one. Nice work!

#1 is good. But I think #2 is awesome. You caught many great colors here; on the bird, the feeder and the background. I think the bird stands out great on that blurred background. Is that feeder contributing to the colors on the bird? I may have to get me one. Nice work!
Thank you! Yes, the feeder is glass, and the sunlight is filtering through it, which is contributing to some of the color on the bird.

Nice, looks like an Anna's
Thank you! Seek by iNaturalist and Audubon both ID it as a Ruby Throated, so my guess is that it's a female since the red is missing at the throat, but we also have Black Chinned in the area, and the females of the two look very much alike, and I have seen a male Black Chinned at the feeder, so that is also a possibility.

This is the male Black Chinned.
sep02202102 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice set. #2 for the colors and texture of the bird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back