jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great action shots! They're such speedy little buggers. :)

All nice captures, but #6 shows that lovely little wing blur, making it a standout for me.

Very nice set.....
Thanks!
Great action shots! They're such speedy little buggers. :)

All nice captures, but #6 shows that lovely little wing blur, making it a standout for me.
Thank you! I like that one and #4 because it is hovering while it is drinking.

Really nice set.

Very nice set, Jeff. I have to go with number 4 as a favorite. I like the slight wing blur, the position of the bird. Well done.

The hummingbirds are returning to the area. I had to put up a new feeder, because as nice as the other one was, it leaked too much.

jul27202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug01202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug01202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug01202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug01202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

aug01202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
Awesome series! The first feeder I got was pretty but difficult to fill and clean. I sid some checking around online and read that the cheap feeders are the way to go! I ended up getting one almost like yours from Amazon and they love it.

Awesome series! The first feeder I got was pretty but difficult to fill and clean. I sid some checking around online and read that the cheap feeders are the way to go! I ended up getting one almost like yours from Amazon and they love it.
Thank you! Yes, the inexpensive one is doing much better, is easier to fill, and easier to clean, and it doesn't leak. :)

beautiful action photos... not easy to do..

Lovely photos. If you want to build in a cheat for your photos, cover most of the holes on the feeder with masking tape. This directs the hummers to one specific hole. You can set your camera up on a tripod with a trigger, shoot from 8 feet away (while you're inside in the AC enjoying a frosty beverage).

Lovely photos. If you want to build in a cheat for your photos, cover most of the holes on the feeder with masking tape. This directs the hummers to one specific hole. You can set your camera up on a tripod with a trigger, shoot from 8 feet away (while you're inside in the AC enjoying a frosty beverage).
Thank you! Yes, that's exactly what I did, so that they wouldn't hide on the back side of the feeder. I can see the feeder from my workstation, so I keep my camera on my desk next to me and keep an eye out for them. These were taken with the Tamron 18-400mm, but I also use a Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary. Sometimes I set up a tripod, and other times I just hand-hold the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back