jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Real nice set, Jeff. You got some nice afternoon light on them, good for you! I like #1 the best.

You got a very nice set there for your efforts.

Great work! Rarely see them perched like that. Nice detail and light. Kudos!

Real nice set, Jeff. You got some nice afternoon light on them, good for you! I like #1 the best.
Thank you! I figured it was worth a try to stand out there, because a bit earlier I had been out there next to the feeder without my camera, and they were buzzing around my head. Took the camera out, and they became coy.
You got a very nice set there for your efforts.
Thank you!
Great work! Rarely see them perched like that. Nice detail and light. Kudos!
Thank you! They can afford to rest, because the temps are still hitting 100F in the afternoon, so they don't need to keep in motion to stay warm.

Last one for me J but all decent.

Your patience paid off. That’s a very nice set. I’ll go with 1 and 5 but wonderful color in all of them. Well done.

Nice set. I don't have the chance to get mine in light like that. I might have to move a feeder.

Really nice set! My feeder's in the shade so I don't bother shooting them much. I have done the stand there until my arms ache down by the garden though.

Nice set. I don't have the chance to get mine in light like that. I might have to move a feeder.
Thanks! I had the feeder on a shepherd's crook, but the ants kept on marching two by two and raiding the nectar. After some thought, I just decided to place the feeder on a hook that was available. It solved the ant problem, and the wasps are leaving it alone as well. I have to be mindful though, and replace the nectar (sugar water actually) every few days, since I don't want them to get drunk and end up with a FWI.
Really nice set! My feeder's in the shade so I don't bother shooting them much. I have done the stand there until my arms ache down by the garden though.
Thanks! Yeah, I tried it with my Sigma 50-500mm, which I think ways about fifty pounds or so... :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back