Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few from the backyard. It was an overcast day and had to bump up the ISO

Hummingbird by Cheryl, on Flickr

080623_008wSM.jpg

080623_031wSM.jpg

Nice captures!

Beautiful shots!

Nice! Looks young - still a bit of fuzzy feathers? We’re these with the tc?

Thanks Sharon! Yes with the 1.4 tc on the 50-140. I may try again on a sunny day to up the shutterspeed and lower the ISO

I’ve found that I need at least 1/4000 to freeze their wings which is tough at f6.4 when fully zoomed in on the 70-300. Unless it’s completely bright and sunny I end up with a high ISO. But if you nail the focus the high ISO can be denoised in Topaz and be very usable. Even with the XT5 subject detection set to bird and using the recommended tracking settings it’s still tough to truly nail focus on these guys when they’re in flight. They’re so erratic.

I’ve found that I need at least 1/4000 to freeze their wings which is tough at f6.4 when fully zoomed in on the 70-300. Unless it’s completely bright and sunny I end up with a high ISO. But if you nail the focus the high ISO can be denoised in Topaz and be very usable. Even with the XT5 subject detection set to bird and using the recommended tracking settings it’s still tough to truly nail focus on these guys when they’re in flight. They’re so erratic.
Good to know on the 1/4000. I was thinking 1/3000 so will try out the higher rate. I ran the photos thru Nik's Define 2. It does a decent job on the noise. The 50-140 is 2.8 and with the tc it is 4.5.

beautiful shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back