HUNT TEST BLUES

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
I ran my yellow Labrador Retriever gun dog trainee MAC in his first two HRC Licensed hunt test events this weekend in the Started Hunting Retriever stakes. Now 14 moths old, MAC worked very nicely on both land and water in the two separate stakes held on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

mzdnocpis7a56kxl-kmp0q_thumb_8580_fotor-jpg.210520

TEAM MAC ~ Myself and LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC after MAC had his first qualifying score awarded at the end of the first hunt test of his career.

zitlnuberruluc7qyuzonw_thumb_8583-jpg.210522

Day two of this past weekend's hunt tests hosted by the Long Island Retriever Field Trial Club was also a productive day for TEAM MAC with MAC earning his 2nd qualifying score toward his HRC Started Hunting Retriever title. MAC now needs two additional qualifying legs to earn the first title of what will hopefully be a long and fruitful career as a K9 hunt test athlete and gun dog. So we went back home with two beautiful ribbons awarded to MAC, albeit drenched from a long day of spring rains throughout the hunt test on Sunday.

On a much more somber note, my dear friend and fellow retriever hunt test enthusiast Pam
was critically injured while on the way to Sunday's hunt test when her vehicle was struck by another vehicle who's operator was trying to avoid collision with a deer crossing the road. Pam was sent over an embankment, down a hill, and into a tree. She had to be extricated out of her Ford Expedition SUV with use of a Hurst tool (jaws of life). Pam sustained may serious injuries to both of her legs which is requiring multiple surgeries to repair. I ask that you please keep Pam in your prayers during what is certain to be a lengthy and challenging period toward recovery

Myself and Pam at last year's Yankee Waterfowler's Hunting Retriever Club HRC hunt test where we both qualified working retrievers in the Finished Retriever stakes. Happier times behind now. Please keep Pam in your thoughts and prayers.

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back