Hunter on the prowl

MGPhoto22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_DSC0105.jpg

I really like the tones and dof on this! It almost looks like the foliage in front of the bird is a puff of smoke. Is that natural bokeh from the lens or did you do something magical in post?

Thanks, that really does look sooo much better. I'll get into Lightroom later and correct that on my RAW.

I really like the tones and dof on this! It almost looks like the foliage in front of the bird is a puff of smoke. Is that natural bokeh from the lens or did you do something magical in post?
Natural bokeh, I believe I was using the Nikon 55-300 DX lens for my D5100.

@MGPhoto22

White Balance can be a tricky thing to get right and viewer preference can play it's part in the appreciation of the final outcome.

However, auto WB isn't the cure all it's often perceived to be. Not saying it don't have it's place but this little video might help you understand the different options available to be used appositely in the prevailing conditions and circumstances.

I found the variations in the Kelvin (K) values very interesting and the slight paradox in their renditions of utilisation pertinent to the final outcome. Anyhow: For your consideration.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back