Hunting the Yellow-Headed BB

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this guy from way off and wanted the shot, but he was out in the open. It was a long, slow walk to get to a decent distance and I didn't know when he would spook, so it was step, shoot, step, shoot, not knowing which would be my last chance.

Birds aren't my typical subject, but love the yellow-heads. Some nostalgia there for me.

As always, comments welcome.

IMG_0111a1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

That's a pretty cool bird. What part of the world?

Maybe a graduated filter to bring down the foreground a little, it just pulls my eye away from the bird. Glad you were able to get him/her, that's always a great feeling.

Internet high five!

Nice shot. If it were mine, I think I might have tried to crop it a little closer.

WesternGuy

Thanks all for the comments.

This was in NW Iowa, Okoboji to be exact. The yellow-headed blackbird is fairly common throughout central and western United States.

Crop - I would agree. Shooting a 20D with only 8 megapixels, I'm pretty careful about cropping too much and losing quality quickly. But we'll see if I decide to print it.

Foreground - I'll play with it a little more. I didn't want to turn it into a single-tone wash across the photo, but will bring it down a little in the front.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back