Hunting Whale Sharks

philaw123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY: I'm going on a whale shark safari next week and I was hoping for some tips. I'll basically be swimming with 20 foot fish and doing my best to stay out of their way while I take pics of them. Mostly snorkeling with some dives up to 10 feet.

Going to be using a T1i and probably the kit lens with a 430 EX II. Got a pouch to stick it in. Ikelites are too expensive.

do yourself a favor and buy one of the disposable underwater digital point and shoots from the dive/snorkel shop. What kind of "pouch" are you referring to? I wouldn't take my DSLR underwater unless I had a proper enclosure. Whale sharks are cool, you'll have a good time if you get to see some...they can be quite elusive though....where you going? I've had some good encounters with them in and around Panama City, FL.

Good Luck,
Dale

Donsol, Sorsogon. In the Philippines. The case is like the EWA pouch I saw in Adorama. It's a soft underwater case but made of some pretty thick plastic. Goes for around 300 bucks stateside but got mine for 1 benjie. I do appreciate the concern though.

Any tips regarding settings?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back