Hurdy Gurdy Man (B&W)

I looked at the color version...I think I like the color version a bit more. I wish it were framed maybe a little bit looser, but only a little bit.

I wish it were framed maybe a little bit looser, but only a little bit.

I agree. I would like to see the bottom of the instrument.

Sure wish that cloth wasn't in the background.

This definitely works better in color. In the b&w version, there is not enough differentiation among the elements. Everything runs together, giving me nothing on which to focus.

The color version draws me in by better separating the elements, showing an interesting looking man playing an interesting looking instrument, while the similar tones of the man's vest, his instrument, and the one in the background unify these elements into a very pleasing whole.

I like it a lot.:)

Tedski

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."-- G. Marx

Would also work well if the lens was turned a little to the left.

Still.. nice subject.

I looked at the color version...I think I like the color version a bit more. I wish it were framed maybe a little bit looser, but only a little bit.

Thanks Derrel. Yes, a little further back would have been a better place to stand.

I wish it were framed maybe a little bit looser, but only a little bit.

I agree. I would like to see the bottom of the instrument.

Thanks runnah. I was kicking myself a little over the Instrument.

Sure wish that cloth wasn't in the background.

Thanks Designer. I didn't even notice that till you mentioned it!

This definitely works better in color. In the b&w version, there is not enough differentiation among the elements. Everything runs together, giving me nothing on which to focus.

The color version draws me in by better separating the elements, showing an interesting looking man playing an interesting looking instrument, while the similar tones of the man's vest, his instrument, and the one in the background unify these elements into a very pleasing whole.

I like it a lot.:)

Tedski

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."-- G. Marx

Thanks Tedski. You have answered the questions (and doubts) I had about my conversion very nicely.

Would also work well if the lens was turned a little to the left.

Still.. nice subject.

Thanks manaheim. Perhaps using the instrument to lead the eye to the man you mean?

I also think the color version is nicer - such beautiful warm tones with that Portra! I have no issue with the composition, instrument placement, etc. - the only nitpick for me is the bag as previously mentioned. Aside from that you have a wonderful backdrop for this nice portrait. :) If you do anything digitally to this image, I'd suggest removing that bag and post the color version here!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back