husk

white

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to conquer studio lighting. It's grainy because I shot it with a 50mm and cropped in, and it's not as sharp as I hoped for (probably because of camera shake).

4788158859_a9df76ee1b.jpg

4788838318_df29f4b19f.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about proper studio lighting, but something about the second photos appeals to me. I simply like that one. Putting such a mundane object into this frame lifts it out somehow, and I like that aspect. The tones are nice and the white is whiter in the second than in the first. Plus I simply don't understand what I'm looking at in the first.

These images are hard for me to critique...I do not know enough to critique this type.

What I can say is that the husks look arranged and the particles look scattered. I kind of like the image though, although I cannot say why.

Looks kind of lost in the infinity of white, although the very light shadow does anchor it some.

I think I need some more time in art class before I can really critique these though.:)

lighting is fine. I just want to get closer. there's great texture, show it off, not the white background

lighting is fine. I just want to get closer. there's great texture, show it off, not the white background
I want to, I just don't have the right equipment yet. I'd actually prefer to shoot it with a medium format camera so I can really enlarge it.

Most reactions

Back