Husky | Sony A7Sii | Nikon 85 1.4 | SDOF

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As most of you probably know I've been looking for a compact camera that still has great quality. I definitely think Sony is onto something here with this Alpha line.

I actually returned the Sii for the Rii, hoping the higher resolution and better focusing drive will seal the deal for me, if not, I'll be returning everything. For 3k, I expect a nothing but the best. Right?

Here is a photo I took of Skylar using the Sii with the Fotodiox adapter and the Nikon 85 1.4G attached. So of course everything is now manual focus, and the Peaking features are pretty good. Especially with the new EVF.

My only complaints with the camera is that the quality just isn't up to par with the 810, which isn't really to be expected I guess, but a slight let down. While some photos (like below), appear great, I was lucky to get 1/10 decent shots and had to really push the cameras ability to get a 'tack sharp' image.

Now video in 4k, don't even get me started. I am amazed at the quality this thing can push out, hands down a selling point in itself.

Enjoy

IMG_0407_zpsaadzhnvc.jpg

Most reactions

Back