hyperventilating

Jocuse...lets be honest...

You may drop it
You may decide you hate photography
You may discover that your no good (you wont)

But you may also be hit by a car, or be struck by a harsh wind and fly of to china...

jocose said:
Mayhaps mon ami, but you still have more talent than I do, so you'll still get better pics :lol:

Are we still getting those remotes?

Oh, BTW, speaking of having way more talent than me, can you post or PM me that info on the music we were talking about at the last meetup?

Thanks.
Remotes as soon as the $300 that was deposited 12 days ago shows up, music coming right up!

Good point Arty, but I wouldn't mind getting blown to China--especially if I have my d70 on me :lmao:

Aubs, what's this great story that Alison said you were gonna tell?

Joe, no rush on the remotes, and THANKS SO MUCH for the list...way long! I love it. Oh, and I forgot to mention Dvorjak (SP), I like him too.

jocose said:
OK, so I did it...I clicked the "Buy it Now" button on the Cameta.com auction at eBay.

So, that means, that by week's end, I should be the proud of a Nikon D70s!!!

Jo, I also bought my 350D with a buy it now from Cameta. First off, they are great! When I called to give them my ccn on a Thursday morning, I requested next day shipping (or I wouldn't of had it by the weekend) and it showed up Friday at about noon :biggrin: <---- That was me!

I must have looked at that "Buy" button 100 times before I finally pressed it :blushing: And I didn't just by the regular kit. My total was about $1600 with everything that I ordered from them. I almost broke out into a sweat when I first confirmed the buy!

You'll love it! No worries. The only thing you might regret...is a year from now you'll go...why didn't I just buy something better :mrgreen: Just kidding! I love my purchase and haven't had a single regret since I bought it! Now if I just come up with that 5K for those lenses I want :scratch:

woodsac said:
Jo, I also bought my 350D with a buy it now from Cameta. First off, they are great! When I called to give them my ccn on a Thursday morning, I requested next day shipping (or I wouldn't of had it by the weekend) and it showed up Friday at about noon :biggrin: <---- That was me!

I must have looked at that "Buy" button 100 times before I finally pressed it :blushing: And I didn't just by the regular kit. My total was about $1600 with everything that I ordered from them. I almost broke out into a sweat when I first confirmed the buy!

You'll love it! No worries. The only thing you might regret...is a year from now you'll go...why didn't I just buy something better :mrgreen: Just kidding! I love my purchase and haven't had a single regret since I bought it! Now if I just come up with that 5K for those lenses I want :scratch:

Thanks Woody. Also, I'm glad you had a good experience with them...I've been a little worried about that as well, but now that i know you had a good experience and ClarinetJWD had a good experience, I'm feeling better about that.

Thanks again.

woodsac said:
I did it with them too, but over the phone...you should've heard the pause between when she asked me to confirm and when I said yes. I think she actually got a decent nap in.

jocose said:
Aubs, what's this great story that Alison said you were gonna tell?

So we had decided to go ahead and buy the D70. We lived about ten minutes from where we bought it so it wasn't much of a trip. We go in and get it and by the time we had gotten back to the car, I was about to throw up. It got so bad that she had to drive us home. I barely got the battery plugged in and went to bed pretty soon after. It took until the next day before we could check it out.

I haaate spending that much money. Any time the price gets around, maybe $200 or more, the stomach starts turning around the other way.

hobbes28 said:
So we had decided to go ahead and buy the D70. We lived about ten minutes from where we bought it so it wasn't much of a trip. We go in and get it and by the time we had gotten back to the car, I was about to throw up. It got so bad that she had to drive us home. I barely got the battery plugged in and went to bed pretty soon after. It took until the next day before we could check it out.

I haaate spending that much money. Any time the price gets around, maybe $200 or more, the stomach starts turning around the other way.

I'm so with you dude...but I know that it will be worth the money and I will enjoy it...and the worst part is that I have the money, so when the bill comes there will be no problem...once the I pay the bill, I'll be over it :) Then I can move on to that 50mm prime :)

bburton said:
Congratulations on your purchase; this new camera will take your photography to new heights, for sure. :)

BTW: If you want something to be anxious about. Think about all the additional money you'll spend in the next year on lenses, a flash, and other "necessary" accessories. And, if you're like most of us, you'll make those purchases before you even consider the questions with which you started this thread. :lol:

bburton,

sorry, somehow I missed your post. Thanks. I think I'm pretty good with the stuff I have now :) I don't use my flash now, but who knows. I want to get a decent wide angle and a new 50mm, but I have an older one that will work.

Honestly, what I really want now is a backpack that will hold all three cameras, all 3 lenses, AND my laptop. I found some, but they're about $150...so that's the next big purchase...oh and a lighter weight tripod!

Thanks again.

JonK said:
you're playin with the big boys now :mrgreen: :thumbup: don't let us down :lol: ;)

seriously...it'll only make ya better.

I know. The only thing that I'm really worried about is that the PowerShot is really nice in that as you change the app and shutter speed, the screen gets darker and lighter...sadly, a DSLR (or an SLR for that matter) doesn't do that.

It'll just take some getting used to, and at least I don't have to pay for developing film or wait to get it developed.

Which reminds me...I have a roll of B&W sitting on my table that needs to get developed.

jocose said:
I know. The only thing that I'm really worried about is that the PowerShot is really nice in that as you change the app and shutter speed, the screen gets darker and lighter...sadly, a DSLR (or an SLR for that matter) doesn't do that.

It'll just take some getting used to, and at least I don't have to pay for developing film or wait to get it developed.

Which reminds me...I have a roll of B&W sitting on my table that needs to get developed.
The main difference here, is that you are gonna be forced to look through the viewfinder, not at the screen! For me, that took a little getting used to. Inside the viewfinder you'll have an exposure guide. Since you're already looking in there, you can see how your exposure changes as you make adjustments to the aperture/shutter. The guide marks will move up or down accordingly :mrgreen:

Congrats Bro, I know you were trying to deciede which one to buy. Glad to see you finally picked one. Don't worry about how much you paid for it, just remember-you get what you pay for. You made a great choice that will only allow you to get better as time goes on. Knowing you, that'a exactly what's going to happen.

woodsac said:
The main difference here, is that you are gonna be forced to look through the viewfinder, not at the screen! For me, that took a little getting used to. Inside the viewfinder you'll have an exposure guide. Since you're already looking in there, you can see how your exposure changes as you make adjustments to the aperture/shutter. The guide marks will move up or down accordingly :mrgreen:
The viewfinder is an LCD as well in that cam. And does the same thing. It, however, doesn't have a good light meter, which is all you really need ;)

Most reactions

Back