I already screwed up...

I have an old Pentax and it has did something similar when I had film in it and then tried to do the rewind without first pressing the button on the bottom. Is the shutter button sitting down and not letting you have any pressure when you press it down again? If so you will need to take it to get repaired, but shouldn't be too expensive. Good luck!

It wouldn't let me. The shutter trigger acts as if it has already been triggered.
You probably stripped a gear, snapped off a holding screw, or something similar. Not worth fretting over, I think. Just replace the body. More than likely, it would be cheaper than having it repaired.

Dang. The only reason I have it is because it was free. I have a Canon 30D I normally use and I was going to play around with the 35mm for fun.

Don't let this discourage you! I'm sure that you didn't do all the damage yourself. When stuff like this breaks, its from years of pulling back the film advance lever, not from you doing it 40 or 50 times in a row.

I suggest you find another old-school camera. Maybe it will help you find your roots, that is, if they're needing to be found.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back