I am getting a jump on spring....

myko5

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughters brought home some flowers for easter. I pulled out the new D600 and my 70-200. Lined the background up with some window light behind the flower. Since I was in tungsten WB for the kitchen lights above the flower, it was a very blue that contrasted nice with the purple. I do however notice some haloing around the OOF petals in the back. Not sure if this is the lens or the editing that caused this. Anyways, I like the picture and wanted to share.

$_DSC0594.jpg

Looks kind of pretty! The haloing is not too jarring in this case. "Most" non-photography nuts will never notice the haloing. I like the cool tones.

If you'll look closer, it's not haloing, it is chromatic abberation on the blue side. In your RAW editor you can do a lens adjustment for barreling and what not, as well as clean up any chromatic abberation.

$raw.jpg

I tried messing with those CA adjustments. I zoomed in on the edges of the petals, and did notice changes. I played with different settings and could not get rid of the heavy blue outline to around the petals.

Most reactions

Back