I am lost. You guys have me confused!

crankbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just want to say great board and I have learned a ton. Although I am new to the board I have been reading a ton as well. I almost think too much in a way. I thought I had decided on a DSLR but now I am lost. There is mixed reviews over cannon and nikon on here.
My goal is to capture sporting images in all aspects. I like the Nikon D300 and the Canon 40D. I am leaning more towards the canon and loke these lenses. Canon EF 300 f/4l IS,400 f/5.6l , and 70-200 f/2.8. I have no idea on a what lense to get for close up and everyday shooting. Any feedback on what I have so far would be great. I would rather get answers before I buy and save money then lose it.

Nikon/Canon either will do, neither will let you down, nikon will provide more lens as the f mount goes back years, for close up 18-70 3.5 dx zoom is a good all rounder and sharp as a tack, there's loads of longer length lens it just depends on the depth of your wallet.

Hehe....does this fall into the beginner $1,000 thread? IF you wanna do sports then I would look at "fast" lenses. F/2.0ish, somewhere around there. I can't really comment on the Canon lenses 'cause I use Nikon, but for close-ups you'll want a lower mm and if you're shooting from a distance you'll want a greater mm. The 70-200 would be a good fast lens and able to shoot at a distance, but you may want something a little wider for close-ups...It really depends on what you wanna do. Hope this helps.

If sports is your primary goal, definitely get a Canon. They have a more completely lineup of telephoto lenses, and the super teles from the 300mm f/2.8 on up are hundreds or even thousands of dollars cheaper.

If sports is your primary goal, definitely get a Canon. They have a more completely lineup of telephoto lenses, and the super teles from the 300mm f/2.8 on up are hundreds or even thousands of dollars cheaper.

As far as photography is concerned, you can't go wrong with Canon or Nikon but a Nikon will improve your sex life!

While you're in the shower, I suggest playing with both, Nikon and Canon cameras so you get a sense of how each of the controls feel and how the camera in general feels in your hands.

Blushing....And laughing....And feeling bad for jacking crankbait's post. Jon0807 is right though, it's a good idea to go play with (and not necessarily in the shower) both systems and see which you like better. Just remember that you're not JUST buying a camera, but an ENTIRE system. You'll be sucked into which ever company you go with for the duration.

I was an ordinary guy, until I went Nikon. Now I am the neighborhood stud!

True story. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was an ordinary guy, until I went Nikon. Now I am the neighborhood stud!

True story. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Damn, I was about to say the same thing about me and my Canon :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

crankbait, Canon and Nikon are constantly at each other you would have the same results anywhere. Once you have gone this far the only thing left is how does it feel, the one that feels right is the one ;)

Thanks for the info. Fortunately for me I do not need any help with the sex life. I have 4 kids now and had to have cut two inches off just to keep from having 5. I think the Nikon D300 is the winner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back