What's new

I am new to forum... would love to have some feedback

SadiJ

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 7, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
New Mexico
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_6943.webp
 
Would help if the image was larger or linked to full size. Best though to just embed the full size in your post.
 
Thanks Preston,

$IMG_6943.webp
This is the original with no processing.
 
This is badly composed.
The little OOF vial in the center of the foreground, the scalpels pointing off to the side, bright gloves, barely discernible animal (bat) all combine.
This is a not well done record shot.
 
poor little bat :(
 
The photo isn't really an artistic photo - it's surely just a snapshot record of a veterinary procedure? Therefore, there isn't anything I can say since if you're just recording an injection on a bat, the rule of thirds, DOF and all the other photographic concepts don't really apply and can't be commented on.

If you intended it to be an artistic photo in some way, I'm afraid this one is a fail.
 
Forki, thanks... this is helpful.
 
Interesting subject, but I am afraid I'll have to agree with Forkie. This looks like it could be a journalistic photo, but there are several elements that keep it from being magazine or city-paper worthy. I could see this in a small-town paper and that's about it. Lighting is nice and haunting for an eerie subject.

Excited to see more from you though, keep shooting!
 
Christian,
Thanks... This was my first time shooting with the Canon 5D MkII... headlamps and moonlight are the only lights I used. Thanks for the feedback, it is helpful- and I will post more when I figure out how to correctly do it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom