I am so Psyched

Mgw189

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So back at the end of last year my wife sent me a link to the Sony World Photography awards. This image. Yesterday the judges announced their short list of candidates. While I was not one of those short listed for the category I entered in I did get a commendation. Basically the commended images (top 400 images including winners) will be published in the 2009 Sony World Photography Awards Winner’s Book. There were 25,370 amateur entries and 36,546 professional entries. So my image is going to be published in this book. I wish I could have been short listed but I will taking being published in a book like this any day.

Here is the image that I entered.

3154400744_f2c282b414_b.jpg

i had always seen this picture in your avatar and said to myself, man, i really want to see this in full size.
well now i have

this micture is amazing.
how did u get that shot of a lion?

congrats...so what do you get for it, just it being in the book?

wow! thats really good! Congrats! love the picture!

Well done :)
and definitely well deserved! :)

i had always seen this picture in your avatar and said to myself, man, i really want to see this in full size.
well now i have

this micture is amazing.
how did u get that shot of a lion?

She was at the Zoo in Syracuse NY. Over the summer we went there and spent some time watching the lions. They were really the only animals that day that had any kind of personality. I probably shot 300 frames of the lions alone. I timed it just right were she was looking right at me. I shot it with the A100 and 75-300mm 3.5-5.6

what made it look like a drawing and not a photo?

Its a amazing photo and congrats on getting it published!

what made it look like a drawing and not a photo?

Its a amazing photo and congrats on getting it published!

The only post process done was some unsharp mask (probably why it looks like a drawing as you say) and a slight boost in saturation.

Looks stellar, I should forget that safari, and hit up the Phoenix zoo.

I, too, have been eying your avatar, wondering what the full sized image looks like.

It's a *beautiful* shot. Congrats!

Fantastic, MGW!! Congratulations, that's quite an honor and an amazing photo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back