I bet this thing could tell a few stories

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
you wonder how somethin like this ended up here. saw it and took a few photos. messed with the colors on that one to make an old effect. i liked it. tell me what you all think, the good the bad and the ugly.

oldcar008.jpg

oldcar002.jpg

i like the second one better....on this i think a picture from the trunk area looking in or perhaps the windshield looking in would look good...maybe not though hmmm

thanks for the comment. tried a few trunk shots, and wasnt happy with them. the car was not together enough (too many parts missing) and it was too confusing looking at it to tell what is what, ya know.

yeah i could see that....sometimes these things work out sometimes they dont...just out of curiousity could u find some space between the grill to where u can still get the car in the background like through the grill that might look pretty cool....would be tricky though

I actually like the lines of the first pic better. The grill of the car and the split dashboard really illustrate a design of a past era.

Nice shots! Thanks for sharing.

I really like the first one. Too much toning in the second one...IMHO.

Neat car though. It's in surprisingly good shape...Not really rusted out all that much.

I actually like the lines of the first pic better. The grill of the car and the split dashboard really illustrate a design of a past era.

hmmm agreed i change my vote...haha no i guess i should have specified i like the color play you did in the second one...hmm try that on the first one...

thanks so much Marea! im glad you liked them

I really like the first one. Too much toning in the second one...IMHO.

Neat car though. It's in surprisingly good shape...Not really rusted out all that much.

yeah looks like people are liking the first the best. i figured a few people woulnt like my toning in the second. i wanted to create an old forgotten photograph feel to it. thanks for commenting

hmmm agreed i change my vote...haha no i guess i should have specified i like the color play you did in the second one...hmm try that on the first one...

i will try it. thanks for your opinions on these

I like #1 the best, but maybe add a little more contrast. It seems a little bright to me. Nice shots though.:mrgreen:

Back when that car was junked, farmers would gut what they thought was worth anything and leave the rest in the back yard out of sight. If thats on your property you might get some good money for some of the parts, I have seen shows on TV that are looking for that sort of thing.

I really like the second one, it gives it a nice old timy feel.

I like #1 the best, but maybe add a little more contrast. It seems a little bright to me. Nice shots though.:mrgreen:

thanks, ill give it a whirl

Back when that car was junked, farmers would gut what they thought was worth anything and leave the rest in the back yard out of sight. If thats on your property you might get some good money for some of the parts, I have seen shows on TV that are looking for that sort of thing.

I really like the second one, it gives it a nice old timy feel.

you know you're probably right. i dont see why they just wouldnt sell it for scrap metal but im glad they didn't cause i wouldnt have a picture then. it wasnt on my land, i was just cruisin around the countryside one day and happened to spot it.

thanks yeah thats the look i was goin for in the second. thanks for commenting

I like the second one, too.. I would like to see it look older, makes the car look even older if the picture, itself, is old.. Just gave it a ****-How's this:

oldcar002cop.jpg

thanks for takin the time stsinner. i like your spin on it also. the only thing i dont like about it is (even though it makes it looks centuries older than mine) it is just really blown out. i wanted to create a old looking photo but i still wanted to keep the quality of the photo somewhat intact ya know.

what does everybody else think?

I pretty much agree with you flower child. Stsinner's got a cool idea to make it look like an older photo, but its a little too bright for my tastes. As far as the original post goes, I do prefer the composition of the first to the second shot though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back