What's new

I can't understand GIMP

tom beard

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
175
Reaction score
5
Location
So. Cal mountains east of LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At your suggestion I've downloaded GIMP 2.6. I'm a complete computer dummy and can't find a beginners tutorial on how to retouch photos. I can't find anything that's really simplified, so I'll just have to do it by the seat of my pants, and start punchin' buttons. I'm attaching three photos. 1: Fog. Make bkgd a little bluer, fgd, browner road. Reduce contrast in black tree trunks. crop 2: White tree. Improve contrast on white tree flowers (a little blown out), crop. 3: Kid. Correct blown out top of hat and hand. Improve shadow under hat bill. Erase dirt below lower lip. Which one would be the easiest to start on? I'm so new at this, I don't even know if my question blows off the top of the "hopeless" scale, but I have to start somewhere. Shot on a 3.3 mp Olympus Dig. zoom.

Thanks again, Tom Beard P.S. First photo didn't upload. I'll repost it if there are any replys...I think?
 

Attachments

  • $p1010010.webp
    $p1010010.webp
    242.6 KB · Views: 97
  • $estr 08-15.webp
    $estr 08-15.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Trying to post Photo 1: Fog. Tom
 

Attachments

  • $fog 14.webp
    $fog 14.webp
    147.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom